Sunday, March 11, 2012

Surprise(s)!

So the Women's Retreat was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! I knew it was going to be, and was not disappointed- well at least until it was ending. That was sad. But it was a nice refreshing, relaxing, inspiring, encouraging time. Looking forward to next year's!

I could go on for hours about the messages that were shared, about the fun things that happened, the new friends made and just everything about it, but this is a craft blog so I will leave it at just awesome and share something along the crafty lines.

( Oh, wait on more thing... my follow up letter said 39 women accepted Jesus!  YAY! sorry couldn't resist that tidbit!)

Photo taken by me but I totally can not take credit for the awesome wristruth.  Visit the creator's site @ www.treasurebags.net.  (Please do not pin this image from my site!)

At the end of the retreat we were surprised  with these amazing wristruth's which were actually made by a friend of the guest speaker.  I think it is just an amazing, beautiful and such a MEANINGFUL accessory.   Even just over the past week it's just been a great reminder at all times of God's GRACE in my life.  Just LOVE IT!  (Hence why I'm sharing!)    Definitely check out one (or all) of her sites to see all the beautiful beautiful work she does.  I love mine so much and I look forward to purchasing some as gifts over time.   (Or possibly other ones with different encouraging words for myself too :) )

Okay on to my own crafts!   Yesterday I got to attend a surprise  30th party for a friend.  {Gulp} That means my 30th isn't too far away.  YIKES- where has all the time gone???

Anyway, I had to have a little handmade addition to her gift so.....
I made some hand stamped flat note cards.  I think they turned out really cute...  I added the same stamp to the coordinating envelope.  So she has some cute cards for little notes or thank you's or whatever she wants to use them for.  

 I made 5 of each color using 5 different stamps.... 



Cute bird


Wispy flowers

Instead of an ink pad for the wispy flowers I used some gel pens so I could color the stems and flower heads different colors.


Just wanted to say hello.



Hello in the word bubble...


 Just a quick note. (I think this is my favorite)


I just tied them up with a little ribbon.  


 Linking up at these parties:
I Heart Nap Time
Skip To My Lou

Creative Spark @ Clean & Scentsible




These Peas Taste Funny


Uncommon Link Party

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The bracelet is awesome and your stamped sets are so simple and pretty! Thanks for sharing with us! Hope you will join us again tonight!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete